Travel and Accommodation
1. Innsbruck Airport
The airport is located in the west of Innsbruck approximately 5 km away from the city centre. Innsbruck has several daily flights from Frankfurt and Vienna. From Innsbruck Airport to City Center
- A taxi from the airport to the hotel / the SOWI campus costs about 20 EUR.
- Alternatively you can take bus "F" to go to the city center.
2. Munich Airport
Munich Airport is internationally well connected. From Munich it is approximately 3 hours to Innsbruck.
- A direct transfer shuttle from Munich airport to Innsbruck is available.
- Another option is to take the Flixbus, a direct inter city bus connection from Munich to Innsbruck.
- There is also a train connection to Innsbruck.
3. Vienna Airport
From Vienna airport to Innsbruck it is an option to take the train to Innsbruck (approximately 4h30 min; train every hour).
- Exit Innsbruck main station. There is a bus terminal just outside. Enter the bus "R (direction DEZ/EKZ)" to "Polizeidirektion", which is next to the hotel "Schwarzer Adler".
- Alternativly you can walk from Innsbruck main station to the SOWI campus. This can easily be done in approximatley 10 minutes.
For a more detailed look at the transportation opportunities within Innsbruck check the IVB website.
Please note that a "vignette” (road tax disc) is required for travel on Austrian motorways.
- For information concerning visa and entry into Austria please see this link.
- For information on consulates and embassies in Austria please see this link.
For a detailed look at available hotels in the center of Innsbruck please refer to this link.
Things to do in Innsbruck
For detailed information on what to do in and around Innsbruck please see Innsbruck Info.